Information We Collect
Computer Guys Electronics may collect the following information from or about you:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us. For instance, when you register to use the Computer Guys Electronics, we may collect your name, email address, birth date, gender, home address, ZIP code, and other information. In addition, Computer Guys Electronics may collect information you provide to us when you respond to surveys, set your preferences, contact Computer Guys Electronics through customer service or by other means, or participate in promotions that Computer Guys Electronics may offer from time to time.
- Usage and Log Data. We collect information when you use the Computer Guys Electronics services or view Computer Guys Electronics advertising outside of the Computer Guys Electronics website. Examples of this information may include your IP address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location (which may include precise location data), activity on the Computer Guys Electronics website. including information about page views, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and identifiers associated with browser cookies (see our description of “Cookies and Local Storage” below), and carrier information.
- Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. We may collect information through other kinds of local storage (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. For information about disabling cookies or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the Computer Guys Electronics services, For example, we may not be able to store your preferences or login information or customize the Content and advertising to your viewing habits.
- Web Beacons or Pixels. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser or device, check whether you have viewed a particular web page, ad, or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Content was viewed.
- Mobile Device Identifiers and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”). We may use or work with third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Computer Guys Electronics website An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with Content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the Computer Guys Electronics website, or contact Computer Guys Electronics, through a third-party service (such as Facebook), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, pages you have “liked” and other account and profile data).
- Third-Party Data. We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
Use of Information We Collect
Use in General. We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- providing the Computer Guys Electronics Services;
- contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
- customizing the Content and advertising you view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- identifying Content, you share;
- customizing recommendations;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- protecting your and our rights;
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
Use of Precise Location Data. In order to access certain Computer Guys Electronics services from your mobile device, you may be required to share your device’s precise location data (e.g., latitude and longitude) with us. In addition to providing you with certain Computer Guys Electronics services, this also enables us to serve you Content related to your local area such as news and sports. This data may also be used to tailor advertising to you based on your location. To learn more about your choices with respect to our collection and use of precise location data, please see the information we have provided in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”).
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share information collected from or about you with third parties as explained further below, including business partners, social networking services, service providers, advertisers, and other companies that are not affiliated with Computer Guys Electronics. Business Partners. We work with a number of business partners who help us offer the Computer Guys Electronics services, including, for example, our content programmers, distributors, and corporate owners. We may share information collected from or about you with such business partners.
Social Networking Services. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the Computer Guys Electronics website, information about you and your activities will be shared with that social network.
Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us and our business partners, including companies that assist with analytics, data processing and management (e.g., to facilitate our targeted advertising and marketing efforts), account management, hosting, customer and technical support, marketing (e.g., email, online or direct mail communications) and other services.
Your Browsers and Devices. We may work with service providers who use information collected from or about you to help us identify the browsers and devices you use for various purposes, including for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and measurement purposes. For example, these service providers (along with Computer Guys Electronics ) may use your activity on one browser or device to serve you with more tailored advertising on another browser or device. In connection with your use of browsers and devices, please note that certain opt out choices you have as described in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”) apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
Advertisers and Advertising-Related Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you in encrypted, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure and improve advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the Computer Guys Electronics services, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online.
Advertising. We advertise Computer Guys Electronics both on the Computer Guys Electronics website as well as on other platforms and services. We also display advertisements from other companies on the Computer Guys Electronics website, often enabling users to interact with the advertisements or click through to websites or other properties owned or operated by other companies. This section provides additional information about the collection and use of information from or about you in connection with such advertising.
Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options. You have the following choices regarding how we and third parties use certain information collected from or about you. Computer Guys Electronics is committed to complying with the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and the DAA Application of Self-Regulatory Principles for the Mobile Environment. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Computer Guys Electronics by accessing your account. You may also opt out of certain promotional communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in a particular promotional communication. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from Computer Guys Electronics , including administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the terms and conditions of your account because those may contain important information. You can choose to receive push notifications from Computer Guys Electronics on your device. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you can use your device’s settings to turn them off. Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Computer Guys Electronics website in order to provide more relevant advertising to you on websites participate in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising. To learn more and to make choices about the use of your information for online behavioral advertising on websites, please click here. Please note that if you opt out of online behavioral advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.In addition, some of the advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), a cooperative of online marketing companies that offers a centralized tool for opting out of interest-based advertising delivered by each of its member companies. Please note that if you opt out of interest-based advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
Some of the third parties that collect information from or about you on the Computer Guys Electronics website in order to provide more relevant advertising to you within mobile applications participate in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. This program offers a mobile application called the “AppChoices,” which provides a centralized location where users can make choices about the use of their information for online behavioral advertising within the mobile application environment. The AppChoices application can be downloaded from your mobile device at www.aboutads.info/appchoices or from your device’s app store. Please note that if you opt out of online behavioral advertising using this method, this opt-out will only apply to your mobile device.
On your mobile device, you may also go to your device settings and select “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices), which will allow you to limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device (such as precise location data) for the purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you.You can opt out of our collection of precise location data from your mobile device in your device settings, for example, by disabling “Location Services” for the Computer Guys Electronics application in your iOS device’s settings. If we have asked for your consent, you may view or change your consent preference by logging into Computer Guys Electronics on your computer, going to your account settings, and editing your profile. If you would like to consent to Security and Account Access. We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to sensitive information from or about you to those Computer Guys Electronics employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to access such information. We also use measures like encryption and hashing to help protect sensitive information when in transmission.
Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the Computer Guys Electronics website, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.Please note that if you allow others to use your account (including others you permit to set up profiles under your account), they may be able to view information about your account or any of the profiles under your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address.
Children. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to register with Computer Guys Electronics. The Computer Guys Electronics website was not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian.
Third-Party Access Points, Devices, and Links. The Computer Guys Electronics Services may be provided through third-party websites, applications and other means of access operated by other companies (collectively, “Third-Party Access Points”). In addition, you may launch a Third-Party Access Point using various devices such as mobile devices and Living Room Devices. The Computer Guys Electronics website also may contain links to third-party websites or applications. None of these Third-Party Access Points, devices, websites or applications are operated by us, even if they contain our name or logo, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of their operators. Accordingly, we recommend that you review their privacy policies.
Applicable Law. Computer Guys Electronics is headquartered in the U.S. and the Computer Guys Electronics services are intended for users in the U.S. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the Computer Guys Electronics website, you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under U.S. laws.
[email protected] or call 904-501-4634